Whether you are packing up contents of a small apartment or a large house, moving can be a daunting task. If you’ve never had to do it before or if it’s been years since your last move, it can be quite the challenge. To help you get started, below are some tips from the leading experts to help you “move” right along with less hassle.
Get Your Supplies
Being prepared before you begin the task of packing can make all the difference. Having everything you need to pack your belongings can save you valuable time and energy.
Here is a good supply checklist:
- Bubble wrap
- Packing peanuts
- Packing tape
- Moving Blankets
- Permanent Markers
- Mattress bags
- Box cutter
- Clean newsprint (bed sheets, linens and blankets work well too)
- Stretch wrap (for bundling awkward items like skis or furniture pieces)
Moving Boxes Tips:
- Boxes can be purchased from your local moving or storage company or for free sometimes from your local grocery stores.
- Take a look at moving companies’ websites some of them offer free online tools to help you estimate how many boxes you’ll need for your move.
- A good rule of thumb is to use smaller boxes for heavy items such as books, while larger for lighter items such as pillows and blankets.
And the Packing Begins…
Keep organized by packing things that typically go together or are in the same room in the same boxes. A good example of this would be packing kitchen utensils in the same box.
If you end up with half-full boxes, simply use light yet bulky items such as towels, sheets, and pillows to take up the rest of the box space. These types of items can double as extra protection for breakables.
Label boxes while you’re packing and make sure you label the top and sides of boxes with contents and the room that they will go in including any special instructions, such as “fragile” or “open first.”
Mini Price Storage locations offer a full range of moving and packing supplies at a discounted rate to all of our valued customers! Mini Price Storage Locations Information – Click Here!
For more helpful moving and packing tips check back next week!