Attention all Southside Mini Price customers! We are holding a food drive to benefit the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore!
Created in 1981, this amazing organization has grown to oversee such areas including Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Franklin, Virginia Beach, Southampton, Northampton, Sussex, Isle of Wight, and Accomack. They have distributed over 276 million meals to the 4,745 square mile service area they operate in. With that many mouths to feed, we just had to get involved! We just need your help!
All of our Southside locations will be holding a food drive for this food bank. This includes our facilities in Chesapeake, Hampton Roads, Norfolk, South Hampton Roads, Tidewater, and Virginia Beach. These locations will have food collection boxes and we are asking our customers to bring any non-perishable items for our efforts.
These are among the most needed items:
• Lean Canned Protein (peanut butter, tuna, chicken, turkey, beans)
• Fruits and Vegetables (canned fruits and vegetables, pasta sauce, 100% fruit juice, fruit preserves, dried fruit)
• Whole Grains (cereal, pasta, oatmeal, rice, crackers)
• Meals (soups, stews, boxed meals, canned pasta)
• Baby Products (formula, baby food, diapers, wipes)
Anything low in fat, low in sodium, and low in sugar is preferred. The food bank requests non-perishable food with non-breakable containers. They urge you to keep the nutritional labels intact as always check the expiration dates so that they do not pass 6 months after the printed date.
For more information and other ways to help, please visit https://foodbankonline.org/
We thank you all for your help!