This fall season we are rolling out our #OutweighHunger campaign in partnership with the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore! If you would like to help many who are in need this holiday season, please consider bringing non-perishable food items to any of our South Hampton Roads locations through December 16!
Here is what they need:
- Canned Lean Protein (Peanut Butter, Canned Tuna, Canned Chicken, Canned Turkey, Beans)
- Fruits and Vegetables (Canned Fruits and Vegetables, Pasta Sauce, Fruit Preserves, Fruit Juice, Dried Fruit)
- Whole Grains (Cereal, Pasta, Oatmeal, Rice, Crackers)
- Meals (Soups, Stews, Boxed Meals, Canned Pasta)
- Hygiene Products (Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Shampoo, Body Wash, Deodorant, Feminine Hygiene Products, Toilet Paper)
- Baby Products (Baby Formula, Baby Food, Diapers, Wipes)
Pick items that are low in fat, sodium, and sugar. They should also be non-perishable foods with non-breakable containers and nutritional labels intact. Also, be sure to check all of your dates! Any items beyond 6 months of their printed date should not be donated.