Minipricestorage.com Website Privacy Statement and Notice of Privacy Practices
Last Modified: November 2022
This Site is intended for consumers in the United States of America and is not at this time directed to any individuals that may reside outside of the United States. If you are not located in the United States, please do not purchase items on the Site.
Categories of Personal Data We Collect:
We collect and process two types of information from you when you visit the Site: (1) “personal data” (as defined below) and (2) “non-personal data” (as defined below).
Personal Data means any information that is linked or reasonably lined to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal Data does not mean include de-identified data or publicly available information. De-identified data means data that cannot reasonably be linked to an identified or identifiable person or device linked to that person. Publicly available information means information that is lawfully available through federal, state or local government records or information that we have a reasonable belief is lawfully available to the general public through widely distributed media by you or by a person to you disclosed the information unless restricted to a specific audience.
The categories of Personal Data we collected include, but are not limited to, your first and last name, mailing address including zip code, email address, telephone number.
We also collect payment information, such as your credit card number and billing address. We refer to this information as (“Order Information”). This information is retained per the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard. Our website enables you to link to our third-party payment processor to create and register a customer account to make payments for your storage unit. When you create and register an account, you will provide the last seven digits of your telephone number. We also collect your email address, require you to create a password and security question and answer to later obtain access to your account. (“Account Information”) We use a third-party processor to manage secure payments on our Site.
Non-Personal Data can be technical information or aggregated, non-identifiable, or anonymized information. Non-Personal Data does not identify you personally. If you provide us with Non-Personal Data, we may use it for the purposes described in this statement or any other legal purpose.
Automatic Collection of Non-Personal Data
When you use our Site, we may automatically collect certain information by automated or passive means using a variety of technologies described below. We use these technologies across the Site to enhance your user experience. These technologies may allow us to personalize your online experience, recognize you as a previous visitor, save your user preferences, and/or maintain your login and password information on secure portions of our Site. We also use these technologies to analyze how users use our Site and to monitor the performance of our Site. To be clear, we do not combine the general information collected through these technologies with other Personal Data such as to render you identifiable.
When you visit the Site, we or our vendor partners such as Google, Facebook or others may automatically collect certain information about your device, browsing actions, and patterns, including but not limited to:
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your web browser, IP address, operating system, time zone, and cookies installed on your device.
- Details of your visits to our Site, including individual web pages or products viewed, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and other communication data and resources that you access and use on the Site.
We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”. Our vendor partners collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small data file placed on your device or computer by Us or our third-party vendor service provider and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- Log files track actions occurring on the Site and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web beacons, tags, and pixels are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We or our third-party vendor service providers place Necessary Cookies along with Analytics and Reporting Cookies, Advertising Cookies, and Social and Content Cookies to enable our Site to function properly and to allow the Site to facilitate online purchasing from the Site as follows:
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential to the functionality of the Sites in order to facilitate your use of the Sites and its features, and in order to enable you to move around the Sites smoothly. Without these cookies, we may not be able to provide certain services or features, and the Sites will not properly function. Unfortunately, these cookies cannot be disabled or modified, which is why we refer to these as “Necessary.”
- Analytics and Reporting Cookies: We and our third-party vendor service providers may use analytics cookies, which are sometimes called reporting cookies, to collect information about your use of the Site to enable us to improve the way it works and prepare statistical analysis of such data. For instance, analytics cookies may collect information about which pages you visit most. The information gathered via analytics cookies allows us to see the overall patterns of usage of the Site, helps us record any difficulties you have with the Site, and shows us whether our advertising is effective or not. We use Google Analytics to help measure how users interact with our Site. If you have questions about Google Analytics, you may obtain more information about its policy privacy, which can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy.
- Advertising cookies: We or our third-party vendor service providers may use advertising cookies to tailor marketing to you and your interests and provide you with a more personalized service in the future. These cookies remember that you visited our website, and our third-party vendor service providers may share this information with third parties, such as advertisers. Although these cookies can track your device’s visits to our website and other sites, they typically cannot personally identify you. Without these cookies, the advertisements that you see may be less relevant and interesting to you.
- Social and Content cookies: Many social media plugins use social and content cookies (for example, the Facebook ’like’ button), and other tools meant to provide or improve the content on a website. We integrate these modules into our platform to improve the experience of browsing and interacting with our websites. Please note that some of these third-party services place cookies that are also used for things like behavioral advertising, analytics, and/or market research.
How long will cookies remain on my computer or mobile device?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. See the section below on how to control cookies for more information on removing them before they expire.
How do I accept or reject cookies?
You can choose to disable or enable cookies at any time on your browser.
Your browser can be set to notify you of the cookies that are deposited in your computer and ask you to accept them or not. You can accept or reject cookies on a case-by-case basis or reject them consistently once and for all. We remind you that the refusal of cookies is likely to modify your conditions of access to our Site. To manage the cookies as close as possible to your expectations, we invite you to set your browser taking into account the purpose of the cookies as mentioned above.
For the management of the cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser.
Do Not Track
Please note we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Purpose of Data Collection Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Mini Price Storage currently, and/or may in the future, collect, use and disclose your Personal Data as authorized or required by written law and/or for any or all of the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- Fulfill a service or a service request to you;
- Evaluate your application for our services;
- Complete your purchase;
- Establish and verify your identity;
- Activate and maintain and your Mini Price Storage online service center account;
- Handle and resolve billing disputes;
- Monitor and maintain the performance and functionality of the device consistent with your choices;
- Provide technical support and click-to-chat functionality;
- Protect and improve our services;
- Offer updates, notices and other information about product or services available from Us or Our affiliates as permitted by law. (Note: at any time, you may choose to withdraw your consent to Our use or disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information for marketing and promotional purposes by contacting Us as outlined in “Where to turn with questions” section of this Policy);
- Respond to your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions;
- Preventing, detecting or investigating crime and other unlawful activities, including fraud and money-laundering or terrorist financing, and analyzing and managing commercial risks;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- In connection with any claims, actions or proceedings (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, transaction documentation, obtaining legal advice, and facilitating dispute resolution), and/or protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- Update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- Statistical purposes to help improve the functioning and availability of the Site;
- Protect against fraud and potential fraud;
- Notify you of any known breach of your Personal Data;
- Maintain the security and integrity of Mini Price Storage’s systems and services;
- Transmit to any of our affiliated entities and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- Any other related purposes that would reasonably be expected for which you provided the information in accordance with consent obtained from you and in accordance with the applicable law.
These purposes may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way. In such cases, we may still retain Personal Data relating to you and use or disclose such information for legal and/or business purposes, including for compliance with applicable law.
How do we use your Non-Personal Data?
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your Personal Data
We or our third-party vendors may share your Order Information, Account Information and Device Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data, for the Purposes described above.
We or our third-party vendors may also share your Personal Data with a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of our business in order for you to continue to receive the same or similar products and services. In these circumstances, Personal Data may be shared with the actual or prospective purchasers or assignees, or with the newly acquired business.
How we protect your Personal Data
We use commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical controls best practices to protect your Personal Data, including data encryption where appropriate; however, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure the security of Personal Data during its transmission between you and us. Accordingly, you acknowledge that when you transmit such Personal Data, you do so at your own risk. Nevertheless, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures. We will notify you of any confirmed security breach of your Personal Data to the extent required by and in accordance with local laws.
Mini Price Storage will retain your Personal Data as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy and in accordance with applicable law. When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. The information is retained per Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
We utilize third parties to secure your Order Information and Account Information and the actual payment transaction when you utilize your account for an online payment transaction. You can learn more about these third parties :
Personal; Data Rights
You have the right under Virginia law to submit a request to us to exercise your rights under Virginia’s Consumer Data Protection Act. (“VCDPA”)
Under the VCDPA you have the right to:
- Confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and to obtain access to it upon request
- Correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data.
- To request deletion of your Personal Data
- To obtain a copy of your Personal Data you previously provided to us to the extent this is technically possible in a format that allows you to transfer it to another party
- To opt out of processing of your personal data for targeted advertising, sale or profiling of your Personal Data in a way that produces a legal or significant effect to you.
How to Exercise Your Rights Under the VCDPA
To invoke your rights under the VCDPA you may email us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within forty-five (45) days. Depending on the complexity and number of requests we may notify you that we have to extend the time to respond beyond the forty-five (45) day time frame along with an explanation of why an extension is necessary in response to your request.
If we decline to process your request to exercise your rights under the VCDPA we will let you know as soon as possible but within forty-five (45) days. We will also provide you with an explanation of why we can’t process your request and an explanation of how to appeal our decision to decline your request. You can learn more about the appeal process by clicking this link.
Account Access, Passwords and Security
Portions of the Site may be available only by secure login and may require you to create an account and a password. If you elect to do so, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form, and create a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to: (a) immediately notify Mini Price Storage of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security of which you become aware, and (b) exit completely from your account at the end of each online session. Mini Price Storage will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by Mini Price Storage or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
Children under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site, make any purchases through the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us.
Additionally, in the event that the Mini Price Storage offers a message board or any other interactive or social-type feature on a website administered directly by Us, please be aware that these areas may allow you to publicly post, and share with other users, certain messages, content, or other information (e.g., stories, pictures, ingredients, tips, etc.). Although Mini Price Storage may take certain precautions to protect those who use these areas of the Site, we encourage you to be wary of giving out any Personal Data in such public forums. The information you post can be collected and used by people you don’t know. We cannot guarantee the privacy and safety of these areas and are therefore not responsible for any information you choose to post. Your use of these features is fully at your own risk.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org request access to, correct or delete any Personal Data that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Communicating with You Electronically
By using the Site and providing your Personal Data, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically. This includes any required notifications (i.e., legal, technical, regulatory, security, privacy) relating to your use of the services.
Where required, we will seek your express consent to send electronic messages. You may withdraw your consent by using the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of our messages, contacting us at Mini Price Storage, 2900 Sabre Street, Suite 75, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452, or by emailing email@example.com.
Where to turn with questions and how to contact us